Birdies For Charity
Charity begins on the golf course at the Regions Charity Classic. You have the opportunity to make a charity or school a big winner by participating in the Birdies for Charity program. Participating charities receive every single penny of the donations generated! Additionally, you have a chance to win great prizes when you pitch in to help the soliciting charity!
Click the button below to pledge for your favorite charity listed!
This Friday, April 2nd we will be giving away a Gift Certificate California Pizza Kitchen to one of our lucky donors!
Sign up NOW by downloading the Commitment Form and faxing in to Melanie at 205-967-9940 with a copy of your 501(c)3 status.
Click on each charity to view their website.
Click the button below to pledge for your favorite charity!
Birdies for Charity Information
Click on the links below to download the 2010 Birdies for Charity documents.
Commitment Form (on the last page of document)
- Birdies for Charity is a fundraising program designed to give participating charities the opportunity to generate contributions for their organization based on the number of “birdies” made by Champions Tour players during the 2010 Regions Charity Classic.
- Must have 501(c) 3 status as recognized by the IRS which includes all schools
- Participating charities solicit pledges of $.02 or more per birdie or a flat donation of $10 or more from individuals or corporations
- Fundraising program that has no risk for charitable organizations.
Benefits and Facts
- Increases charitable contributions to Alabama charities
- Unlimited number of charities will be able to raise additional funds using the Regions Charity Classic as their tool
- There are NO out-of-pocket expenses or fees to participating charities.
- All administrative costs will be handled by the Regions Charity Classic Foundation.
- Each participating charity will receive 100% of their collected donation
- 2010 Goal is to raise $300,000
- There are an average of 800 birdies made by professionals at the Regions Charity Classic
- One $.02 pledge per birdie would net $16.00 for charity
- We will be having weekly drawings for our Birdies for Charity donors every Friday starting March 5th through May 14th
- Gift certificates to PF Chang's, Village Tavern, California Pizza Kitchen, Leonardo's, Trocadero Salon and Salon U!
- Our Grand Prize drawing on Friday, May 14th is a $1,000 gift certificate from Diamonds Direct!
- Top TEN charities based on the collected amount will also receive Bonus Bucks!
- Thank you to our Bonus Bucks Sponsor, Sirote & Permutt!
- 1st Place Charity - match up to $10,000
- 2nd Place Charity - match up to $7,500
- 3rd Place Charity - match up to $5,000
- 4th Place Charity - match up to $2,500
- 5th Place Charity - match up to $1,000
- 6th Place Charity - match up to $1,000
- 7th Place Charity - match up to $1,000
- 8th Place Charity - match up to $1,000
- 9th Place Charity - match up to $500
- 10th Place Charity - match up to $500
Guess the Birdies Contest
- Every donor will have the opportunity to guess the exact amount of birdies that will be made during the tournament
- Those that guess the exact number of birdies will be entered into a drawing to win the "Stay and Play Package" from the World Golf Hall of Fame in St. Augustine, FL
- Last day to accept guesses is Thursday, May 13th
For questions about Birdies for Charity, contact Melanie Valekis at (205) 262-2830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Special Thanks to our Birdies for Charity Sponsors